The Saskatchewan Nurses Foundation (SNF) is a registered charity that provides financial assistance to eligible nurses whose objective is to enhance their nursing practice by furthering their education in nursing.
SNF is managed by a Board of Directors which consists of four members from the nursing profession and two members from the public. One representative from each of the Saskatchewan Registered Nurses’ Association and the Saskatchewan Union of Nurses are also members of the Board. A part time Executive Director is responsible for day to day operations.
2020-2021 Board Members
Mary Anderson, RN
Karen Eisler, RN
Alexandra Hodson, RN
Joanne Petersen, RN
Donna Marin, RN (SRNA representative)
Denise Dick, RN (SUN representative)
Grant Campbell, public member
Dr. Dennis Kendel, public member
Robin Evans, Executive Director
What does SNF do?
- Supports Saskatchewan Registered Nurses with their lifelong learning goals
- Facilitates fund raising to support bursaries
- Fosters retention of Registered Nurses within Saskatchewan. After graduation, SNF bursary recipients are required to work in the province for one year for every $2,000 received
- Honors Registered Nurses who have made significant contributions while living and working in Saskatchewan
- Recognizes individuals or groups who have sponsored nursing bursaries
SNF is supported by donations from members of the Saskatchewan Registered Nurses’ Association (SRNA), nursing school alumnae associations, corporate groups, planned giving and individuals like you.
SNF is a charity registered with Revenue Canada. Receipts are issued to all donors for income tax purposes.
All contributions will be recognized. Donations made in memory of an individual will be recognized with a card of notification. Acknowledgment of these donations will also be included in the “In Memorium” book. Information about establishing a “named” bursary may be obtained by contacting the Foundation directly.
Interested individuals may support the SNF through;
- Purchasing an annual membership
- Personal donations
- “in Memory” bequests
- Planned giving